Friday 24 August 2012

Taco contest @ Garibaldi Queretaro

Ola que tal amigos,

Before I start enjoying my well deserved weekend I wanted to share some remarkable statements and of course pictures about the Taco contest which was held at yesterday at Giribaldi Queretaro amongst the IBM CSC particpants.

The main objective: eat as many Tacos as you can and you will get your dinner for free.
Rules: Taco = 1 point; Quesidillas, Gringa, Vulcano or Synchronizado = 2 points.

What is Garibaldi? --> Garibaldi is an outside taco place in Queretaro city place with a lot of small Mexican restaurants where they serve different kinds of tacos.The tacos are prepared instantly just in front of you on a hot grill plate.









What type of food do they serve at Garibaldi? --> As mentioned above they serve all kinds of taco variances ranging from a small taco with some chorizo (spicy pork sausage) and pickled red onions to a Gringa with lamb or pork meat, queso, pineapple, onions and coriander. Of course chili and lime to be added afterwards according to own preferences. Don´t ask me the exact details but the name Gringa means something as caucasian American female where the male variant is Gringo. Maybe a nice question, can somebody tell me how this taco got the name of Gringa?


So who won the contest? Unfortunately I did not win however I gave some good competition.

The end result:

Julio (Mexico) 19 points or equivalent of 19 tacos
Gustavo (Mexico) 18 Points or equivalent of 18 tacos
Kenji (Japan) 16 point or equivalent of 10 tacos and 3 gringas
Me 15 points having 9 tacos and 3 gringas

So as you can see the locals won. Julio eating his last Taco. Julio is the guy in the green shirt.




So what is the trick to win the taco contest? --> Only stick to tacos as they come without cheese. ;)

The final thing I would like to share is a short movie which gives a pretty good impression of Garibaldi.

ENJOY:


CU all during my next blog in which I will tell you something about my community service.
On Monday the water team has to give training to 200 school children with the age of 11-14 about water care and water convervation methods. So stay tuned as I will update about this event on Monday or Tuesday.

Adios,

Yuri

#ibmcsc Mexico 1

No comments:

Post a Comment